This home inspection is performed in accordance with the of American Society of Home Inspectors Standards of Practice, hereinafter referred to as ASHI and is an examination of the mechanical and physical components of real property identified on page 1 of this report as they exist at the time of the inspection through visual means and operation of normal user controls. The home inspector does not necessarily possess licenses authorizing the rendering of detailed opinions regarding all of the systems, structures, and components of a building.CLICK HERE TO VIEW SAMPLE REPORT
What We Do:
- We perform a visual inspection in a good and workmanlike manner in accordance with the ASHI Standards.
- We tell you whether each item we inspect is performing the function for which it was intended or is in need of immediate repair.
- We will explain verbally and/or in writing what we saw about each item.
What We Do Not Do:
- We do not make guarantees, representations or insure the performance or condition of any item after the date and time of this inspection. Please remember that almost every component in any house, except new construction, is in used condition and has ordinary wear and tear.
- We do not inspect any item which we cannot see in a normal inspection. For example, we do not move furniture, floor or wall coverings, or other furnishings. We do not inspect septic tanks, buried pipes or wiring. We do not dismantle equipment to inspect component parts. We do suggest that you ask the owner about repairs, covered up items or previous problems.
- We do not inspect for formaldehyde, lead, radon, mold, asbestos or other environmental hazards.
- We do not inspect for building codes, soil analysis, gas leaks, adequacy of design, capacity, efficiency, size, value, flood plain, pollution or habitability. Please remember that older houses do not meet the same standard as newer houses even though items in both might be performing functions for which they are intended.
- We do not hold ourselves out to be specialists for any particular item. We are a general real estate inspection company. If we report that an item is not performing its intended function or needs repair, we urge you to have that item examined by a specialist before purchasing the property. We do not give estimates of the cost to repair any item.
What the Client Must Do:
- Client must notify us in writing of any complaints regarding our inspection within seven (7) days after receipt of our report.
- If we report that an item is in need of immediate repair or is not performing its intended function and Client intends to purchase the property anyway, we recommend that Client have that item examined by a specialist.
- It is agreed by all parties that, to the extent allowed by law, any damages for breach of this contract are limited to the amount of the inspection fee.
- If Client sues on this contract but does not prevail, Client agrees to pay our reasonable attorney fees.
- Client acknowledges that the inspector has not made any oral representations that differ from or modify what is written in this report.Client must not allow anyone else to use or rely on this report.
Inspection Fee of $______________was paid by ?
Cash ? Check ? Other __________
Client Name and Signature Inspector signature
I accept by signing this agreement, I authorize Brinks Home Security to call me at the phone numbers I have provided to discuss a special alarm offer.
Real Estate Company:____________________________________
NOTE: THE INSPECTION WHICH RESULTED IN THIS REPORT WAS PERFORMED FOR THE CLIENT NAMED ON PAGE 1 OF THIS REPORT AND IS NOT TRANSFERABLE TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY.